Hello Jeremiah, see answers below.
HTH, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr

> Le 4 nov. 2017 à 19:20, Jeremiah Breeden <jeremiah.bree...@gmail.com> a écrit
> :
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Individual responses below.  Note that both the -g
> switch and bin folder issues have existed in Gnoga for a long time.  I've
> mentioned them before but figured since I was reporting back on other issues
> to include them.
>
> On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 5:50 AM, Pascal via Gnoga-list
> <gnoga-list@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Thanks Jeremiah for reporting.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Seems that starting with a fresh empty working directory is needed in this
> case then clone, checkout and make all.
>

> Well I always start with a fresh directory.  I get the .zip from sourceforge,
> extract it to a new folder, move the old folder into my __old directory, and
> then move in the new gnoga folder I just made.  Then I open up mingw64, cd to
> my new gnoga directory and do make all.  I attached a file, lib_issue.txt, to
> show the output.  The fix is to delete the file named "lib" (it is created by
> gnoga's make all command..verified that), and manually create a lib directory
> in the top level of my gnoga folder.

The lib file you got comes from sqlite build in Windows environment only:
cd deps/simple_components/sqlite-sources && mv libsqlite3.a ../../../lib
It should be move instead of mv and lib directory is not yet created. Thus it
becomes a file.
I will add mkdir lib.

> > 2.  zbcom fails to build due to warnings treated as errors.  I removed the
> > -g switch from zbcom.gpr to continue
>
> What were the warnings?
> What about -g switch?
>
> After the fix for the lib, I run the make all. I attached a file,
> warnings_issue.txt, to illustrate.  The fix is to go into zbcom.gpr and
> change one of the switches not to use -g.  Specifically:
> -gnatygO
>
> is changed to
>
> -gnatyO
>
> I don't know if this is a good long term fix, but it gets the make going
> again.

Yes the file zanyblue-os.adb is not the same for Windows and Unix.
So with Unix I didn't get the error.
I will report this issue to Zanyblue author.
In the meanwhile I will deactivate style checks.

> > 3.  zbcomile fails because it cannot create the bin folder in zanyblue.  I
> > manually added the binf file to continue
>
> Maybe same as point 1.
>
> I attached a file, bin_issue.txt, with the output.  Here, gnoga cannot create
> a bin folder in  deps/zanyblue/
> If I add the folder manually, the make can continue.  Note that windows 10
> cannot use chmod to modify permissions it seems (tried that first).  The
> commond in mingw exists but doesn't fully work.

Yes it's an issue with zbmcompile makefile, -p switch is missing for stampfile
rule:
        $(GPRBUILD) -p $(GNATFLAGS) -P $(APPNAME)

But this path "Need to regenerate the messages source files" should not append.
I will report this issue to Zanyblue author.
In the meanwhile I will deactivate stampfile check.

> > 4.  zbtest failed to compile due to no xmlada library.  I stopped here.
> > Prior to 1.3 I was able to do make all with this setup no problem.  I'm
> > guessing xmlada is a new dependency?  Or perhaps the make file used to
> > ignore?  not sure what to do here.
>
> XMLAda lib is a default lib for GNAT GPL. I missed that. As zbtest is not
> required for you, you can omit it:
> Gnoga Makefile change:
>
> # Zanyblue with DEBUG on
> zanyblue:
> -       cd deps/zanyblue/src && $(MAKE) BUILD=Debug
> +       cd deps/zanyblue/src && $(MAKE) BUILD=Debug APPDIRS="zbmcompile
> zbinfo"
>         cd deps/zanyblue/src && $(MAKE) INSTALL_DIR=$(CWD)/build install
>
> I'll try that out and get back with you.

Well, it's not enough, more lines need the same change.
I will make them.

> > Right now, using Gnoga with FSF GNAT on windows has a lot of speed bumps.
> > For now I am reverting back to 1.2 until I can figure it out.
>
> Sorry for that, 1.3 is really worth while as it includes modal dialogs ;-)
>
> Sorry, that sounded harsher than I meant.  I just meant that since I cannot
> build gnoga for 1.3 yet I have to revert to 1.2 in my build environment until
> I figure it out.  I still plan on trying to get gnoga to build for 1.3...just
> had to shelve it for a day or two.

You are the very first one to report on Windows, it's a precious knowledge for
me.
We will do it ;-)

Here is full patch:

Can you please test it?
I will push it to SF when ok on your side.

PS: I see your last e-mails, I will go on them tomorrow; lets go step by step,
anyway many thanks ;-)