Thank you, Jose, Gary, Luke,
Peter, (and all members of the mailing list):

It is helpful to know about Speech Dispatcher.  I am not sure, though, it can
meet my most pressing need in a speech synthesis system.

I have MS (Multiple Sclerosis).  Due to it, I have, among other symptoms,
difficult to understand speech which is usually accompanied by weak speech.

I am looking for software to help when I am having a bad voice day.  I need to
be able to have a conversation with an able-bodied person.  Such software is
often called AAC or SGD.  I wondered if GNOME did it.

People with MS, ALS, TBI, stroke, autism, and other such conditions often
develop a speech impairment, as I have.

Are there plans to add this functionality to GNOME?  I am a potential, not
current user.  A program which could run under GNOME would work.  A Linux
program would work.

I do not know C.  I know FORTRAN.

Thanks,
Rose