John:

I just deleted another post on this topic from you, and then I relized I
had a thought to share ...

If I remember what you wrote correctly, apps are launching, but Orca
doesn't appear to be getting the news. That really sounds like an issue
with the AT-SPI bridge. Was that recently updated?

Also, could you perhaps use lsof to chase down this problem?