Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:46:40PM -0400, Hyman Rosen wrote:
Rjack wrote:
The authors are relenquishing their rights within contractual
 privity a concept which I know totally evades your
understanding.
Wikipedia to the rescue! <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privity>
 The doctrine of privity in contract law provides that a
contract cannot confer rights or impose obligations arising
under it on any person or agent except the parties to it.

OK, so? What does this have to do with relinquishing rights? <http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/106.html> the owner of
copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and
to authorize any of the following

See? A rights holder has the exclusive right "to do" and "to
authorize". Exercising the right "to authorize" is in no way a
relinquishing of any right.

You know,

There's only so much skill fine tuning you can do when you fight
dolls.

Rjack, Therekov, amicus something, and all those trolls will
NEVER see this or that. Their sole purpose is to make people
loose time answering them and to polute mailing lists.

They're paid for it.

Rui, are you any relation to Rep. Michelle Bachmann of Minnssota?
Like you, Michelle has a tenuous grasp on reality. Are there voices
telling you these things?

There's only one solution for this kind of people: 1. ignore 2.
zero tolerance

Where the fuck is your killfile? Did you lose it on your last
trip to Mars?

It's not a contradiction, the solution requires both.

Use that killfile Rui. Chant plonk, plonk, plonk. It'll
soothe your seething pysche.

In 1, you just have to gain a little more shielding, you're
getting affected by the line noise. Instead of increasing the
strength don't add up to the interference.

In 2, you can do lots of things: flag them as astroturfers,
trolls, whatever, or outright shut them up. I go for the flag as
soon as the typical signals are caught: either direct evidence,
or a defiance of logic that can only be explained with the
arduous intentionality of someone who's paid to do that.

As for me, I haven't read a single thread of interest in gnu misc
 discuss for many years.

Why not go have a nice cup of tea and read Hot Rod Magazine instead?

Even those that could be interesting are quickly polluted by the
trolls.

Troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream. . .

I'm seriously tempted to just give this list away,

No-no Rui! Tuck it under your mattress and read it years from now
to help you remember the good old days!

but I'm still (naively?) hoping the list admins would do
anything, but I suspect even they are long gone.

Why not try J. Edgar Hoover ? He'd fix those ol' trolls but good.

           Have a nice day Rui !
      _                         _
     |R|                       |R|
     |J|         /^^^\         |J|