Rjack <u...@example.net> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:
>> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <r...@1407.org> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:46:40PM -0400, Hyman Rosen wrote:

>>> Rjack, Therekov, amicus something, and all those trolls will
>>> NEVER see this or that. Their sole purpose is to make people
>>> loose time answering them and to polute mailing lists.

>> Oh no, we're still here.  :-)  I do moderation on some other GNU
>> mailing lists, but not this one.  The moderation is purely to
>> exclude advertising and, occasionally, excessive swearing.  Once
>> you get into censorship, no matter how good the reasons, you are
>> on a slippery slope to being no better than the people you're
>> shutting out.

> The posts by the above mentioned "trolls" are, in general,
> constrained to the topic of intellectual property and copyright
> licensing.

Yes.  There's much more to GNU than licensing and "intellectual
property".  Your (plural) posts on one small (if significant) aspect of
the GPL are so repetitive that they are spam.  Their effect is to
drive out all meaningful discussion on other topics.  That is Rui's
complaint.  Consider whether or not you want this newsgroup/mailing
list to work as it was intended.  Consider also whether you've been
getting a kick out of all this obsessive posting, and whether it's
consistent with the sort of person you want to be.

> When ad hominen attacks are launched against thoughtful individuals
> posting to this newsgroup, there is, of course, going to be a return
> in kind.

Oh, you've noticed, have you?

Just another thing: this mailing list and newsgroup was set up by the
FSF to promote its purposes.  Seeing as how you're using FSF
infrastructure (in particular, its mailing list servers) to spread
your views, perhaps some respect for that organization on your part is
called for.

Note that even as you continue to bombard GNU with continually repeated
insults (yes, insults), there is no call to censor you, and I can
guarantee to you that Richard Stallman would not countenance any such
censoring, were he to express a view.

Note, I'm not saying that the legitimacy of the GPL isn't a valid topic
here; it clearly is.  I'm saying that hundreds of posts on the topic,
sometimes that many in a single week, is an abuse of this forum.

If you want to continue attacking GNU and the FSF, and you've any sense
of decency in you, you'll go and do it somewhere where you won't be
abusing the FSF's resources.

On the other hand, if you want intelligently to discuss a variety of
topics relevant to GNU, I'd be more than happy to engage you in debate.

[ Snip more attacks on GNU, GPL, and personal abuse of RMS. ]

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).