shepard
systemd

Speed readers would miss the middle letters, which is likely what is happening.

On 2019-11-14 04:09, Eric Bavier wrote:
----- On Nov 13, 2019, at 8:37 PM,  nipponm...@firemail.cc wrote:
shepherd
You will have to advertise that. Most users are under the impression the
Guix is a systemd distribution.

In my 5 years of hacking on Guix, this is the first time I've heard
someone try to draw a connection between Guix and systemd.  The Guix
manual in the "Services" section says that services are managed by GNU
Shepherd.  The only mention of systemd in the manual is in relation to
controlling guix-daemon when using Guix on a foreign distro, e.g.: "If
your host distro uses the systemd init system...".