John,

Thanks for the time to give me these suggestions. Unfortunately, I kept hitting
snags that would not clear up, and, since my contributions are sporadic only, I
simply nuked the whole environment (again!) and started over. I simply couldn’t
get past the “This repository is 27 commits behind” hump. I would rather focus
on the docs than the git interface.

I hope I can get going on the actual docs now.

David