> On Jul 23, 2019, at 10:11 AM, Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> wrote:
>

>> In any case I'd think both owner-report and aging must be consistent.
>
> MAYBE..  But not necessarily.  The aging report is more for the
> business, whereas the customer report is designed to actually be sent to
> the customer.  So they might not need to be 100% consistent.  And
> indeed, I would suggest the customer report should be sure to contain
> ALL transactions, whereas aging can ignore certain types.

I would certainly agree here. If credits are simply ‘left off’ this report, the
very first question a customer will have will be about their credit notes. This
report is the closest equivalent to a Statement of Account. It should contain
everything.

I can see it could get messy with the aging table, so that should likely be
just positive balances outstanding. Or, include the credit notes here as well,
but age them just like an invoice, don’t ‘apply’ them to an invoice.

A third possible option —does it make sense to show a separate aging table for
credit notes if any?

Regards,
Adrien