At Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:11:09 -0400 stepbystepf...@dialup4less.com wrote:

> On 7/24/2017 7:50 AM, Ashwin A wrote:
> >
> OR you can follow these instructions because "mailman" can be sent
> orders with batch commands:
>      "you can also use email to make such changes.  For more info, send
> a message to the '-request' address of
>        the list (for example, mailman-requ...@gnucash.org) containing
> just the word 'help' in the message body,
>       and an email message will be sent to you with instructions."
>
> I am sensitive to the possibility that instructions "go to some WEBSITE
> and do thus and so" might not be useful under the circumstances of
> limited bandwidth. For me, may websites are not accessible from home
> (only a 28.8 KBaud dial-up connection) so a "go to website" instruction
> means "the next time you have taken a computer to town where bandwidth
> is available and this particular task has high enough priority compared
> to all the other tasks in the "waiting till bandwidth is available" queue".

Actually *mailman's* webmanagement sites do work well from dialup (I use them
from dialup).

> Michael D Novack
>
> PS: I would have to cut down a lot of mature trees to get reliable
> satellite at the house

In addtion to cutting down a lot of mature trees (most not on my land), I
would also need to slice off the top of hill. I am another "nobody" who still
uses dialup (limited to 33K because Verizon does not bother to maintain the
phone lines).

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services