I installed GnuCash 2.6.17 and it runs fine.  However, I am having trouble with
Finance::Quote.  Initially FinanceQuote Update wouldn't run, but I got around
that by allowing apps from unidentified developers.  When I launch it, it opens
a terminal window and asks for my password.  It tries to install
Finance::Quote, but gets stuck at the following:

Running make test

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib"
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef
*Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t

t/00compile.t ............. ok

t/01perl_bugs.t ........... ok

t/02-xsdynamic.t ..........

It never completes the 02-xsdynamic.t test, just sits there.  But the process
at the top of the terminal window changes back and forth periodically between
"lipo" and "xcrun."  I'd guess it's stuck in some kind of a loop.  I checked
the console but didn't see any error messages that appeared to be related to
this.

I also tried installing manually using

perl -MCPAN -e shell
 install Finance::Quote

This completed successfully, but GnuCash doesn't seem to know that
Finance::Quote is there - when I try to download quotes, it says "There was a
system error while retrieving the price quotes."  Again there is nothing in the
console that would give any insight about what's going on.

Thanks for any suggestions.