On Wednesday 11 October 2017 09:05 PM, Maf. King wrote:
Amish - the only thing I think I can suggest at this point is that each
company has it's own user login - at least that way the list of accounts is
not cumbersome..  Or thinking about it, if on linux (may work on Win, probably
not on Mac), you could create some shortcuts for each accounts file that sets
up a custom environment  (i think you need to set GNC_DOT_DIR bit have a good
google first) before launching GC so that each company has its own prefs file.
probably more cumbersome than a really busy menu, and error-prone, though,,,

Maf.

Easiest workaround would be that I have two saved-reports stored in .gnucash directory.

say saved-reports-companyA and saved-reports-companyB

Before starting gnucash for a company I copy saved-reports-companyX to
saved-reports-2.4

This can be done with 2 line script (say gccompany):

#no error checking done
cp ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-$1 ~/.gnucash/saved-report-2.4
exec gnucash /path/to/$1.gnucash

Then instead of calling "gnucash companyA.gnucash"
I call "gccompany companyA"

That way I dont have to maintain 2 Linux accounts and 2 different settings directory.

Amish.