I see the Billing Terms Editor only allows Net days & Proximo (which seems
nearly useless for most cases because of the ‘current month’ issue) but no way
to set a specific date either explicitly or such as “end of year.”

In particular, I’m dealing with a property tax bill which is due 12/31/17.
(they are always due on 12/31) To handle this each year for each property and
each taxing agency, I’d have to make custom Net terms that I more than likely
will never use again due to day/postal service variations. (and can’t delete
once they are used even though that bill is paid)

While terms seem very useful for many cases with respect to invoices, for
bills, it would be much more useful to enter the actual due date on the bill
rather than having to calculate it and make up a little used billing term.

Am I missing something or should I file a bug/enhancement request?