On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Jack Slater <theillini...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How could that be? I’m paying from Checking. That’s a debit is it not? If
> not then everything I’ve learned in 59 years is wrong!
>
> On Dec 14, 2017, at 4:08 PM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

this reply. That way everyone, including other new users, can see the whole
conversation.

Debits increase assets and expenses and decrease liabilities. equity, and
income. Credits increase liabilities, equity and income and decrease assets
and expenses.

You may be confused because when a bank increases your checking account
they call it a 'credit', because it is: on their books you account is a
liability, not an asset. But on your book, it is exactly opposite.

This is all explained in the Help and Concept Guide documentation which, I
believe someone else already suggested you read.

Alex