On 12/02/2018 12:41, Les wrote:
I have a "test" laptop with GC 2.6.17 running the latest Linux Mint.  I opened GC and tried using Trading Accounts, did check and repair, noted the totals of assets, liabilities, income and expense before and after. There was no difference.  I then ran a Income and Expense report for year 2016 (which is the same as my production GC and compared the two. Again there was no difference in totals between the two GC files.

So, exactly what does Trading Accounts actually do? I noticed that when viewing a stock transaction using auto-split view, there are added lines showing trading: currencies and trading: exchange and stock symbol, that does not appear without trading accounts.

Don't use Trading Accounts unless you know what they are in gnc terms.

Follow the links ChristopherL has given first, you probably need to understand Selinger first, promise.

--
Wm