Gnucash 3.0 on Windows 10 crashes on opening my account file. The account
file was last saved in gnucash 2.6.19 and opens flawlessly in that version.
When I start gnucash 3.0 it briefly shows my list of accounts and then I get
the Windows message that the application has crashed.

I am able to create a file in 3.0. I also was able to import the chart of
accounts in 3.0. I have tried running the program in Admin mode also. No
luck with my original data file.

I have seen this reported under bug 782144. I suspect some data in the file
might be causing trouble. The only entries that I have that seem out of the
ordinary is an "imbalance account" that I use to track business auto
mileage.

Appreciate any help on upgrading to 3.0.