I'm still a novice at GnuCash but from previous discussions I do not believe that there is a global find and replace utility. But two ideas come to mind. If your file format is XML, isn't that a text file? If it is, you could use a text editor ('vi' if you're on Linux) to do a global search & replace. Or, if you are using SQLite, you could use the dump utility to create a text SQL file and, likewise, use a text editor. Then rebuild your GnuCash file from the edited SQL dump file.

HTH!

CMR