Dear Maf,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I do not use file manager or any software connected to Windows or PC.
I am not clicking on the data files. I am trying to open them thru the GnuCash
drop down menu ‘Open’ and using that option to research my files to see if I
can find anything that might be a file saved before the crash and my creation
of a .LNK file.  I back up my entire computer using two external hard drives
and I also have the Apple built in program called Time Machine that backs up.
I sent three screenshots as attachments to my original message to everyone.
Why don’t they get thru..?  Does your email list somehow prevent that?

Thank you.  Anita
Sent from my iPad