Thanks Christopher.

Went back and tried the Printable/Easy/Fancy invoice reports and the currency
symbol shows up fine on those reports. So it’s only the Tax Invoice report that
has a problem.

My preference still remains the Tax Invoice report because it allows me to
change column headings. For instance, I have renamed the column header for
“Action” on my report to “SAC” because this is the place I capture the GST
related code that’s mandatory in our invoice. Since Printable/Easy/Fancy
invoices don’t allow me change column headers, I have to use Tax Invoice for
now.

However, following up on the wiki links in Frank’s mail further, I overlooked
an aspect in the second wiki, where it says I can set the currency symbol to
any text I want in the security/currency editor. So I went into that currency
editor and changed the rupee symbol to just text - INR. Now instead of the
symbol, it shows the text INR for all amounts on the invoice. I can work with
this for now, but the problem remains a puzzle.

Only flip side is, now even my account tree page shows INR instead of the rupee
symbol and takes up more column space. I kinda liked the symbol display, but
alas we live to fight the battle another day!

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

On 16-Jan-2019, at 8:22 PM, Christopher Lam