I'm not sure how this is a challenge, especially since both John and David C. pointed you in the right direction in the docs. Perhaps you are associating the term "Journal entry" with something special?

To begin, set your View preference to "Basic" and on the Preferences:Accounts tab, uncheck "Use formal accounting labels."

In the Chart of Accounts, double-click Assets:Cash

In the Cash account register:

 * Type the date of the transaction, for example, today is August 12,
   2019, so I would enter 8/12/19 because I use US style dates. Your
   date preferences might have this as 12-08-2019, or even 2019-08-12!
 * After entering the date, press the Tab key twice, which will move
   the cursor two columns to the right, to the Description field
 * Type a Description. For example, if you purchased Ibuprofen(r) from
   CVS, you might enter a description like "CVS"
 * Press the Tab key one time, and move the cursor to the Transfer column
 * In the Transfer column, select Expenses:Drugs
 * Press Tab *two more times* to the Decrease column
 * Enter the amount for the drugs.
 * Press the Enter Key

What part of this wasn't clear in the documentation?

David