Hi Frank,
  Thank you for thinking about my little problem.

  I don't understand why we would assume this is a bug in GTK. If GnuCash tells
GTK to create a calendar with Sundays as the first day of the week, it should
obey. The problem is that some code is not looking at the locale setting on my
computer. Since this is a completely new test build, I think I can rule out a
corrupted operating system. Also, other date-aware applications are correctly
picking the first day of the week.

  I guess a real test would be to find some other application that uses GTK to
display calendars and see if it picks the correct first day of the week on my
system. I'm not aware of any I could try.

Best,
John