On November 18, 2019, at 9:12 PM, Colin Law <clan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Perhaps a message saying "Error 5135 if you don't understand what this
>means then you should have read the wiki" would be a solution.
>Colin

Certainly, it could be. But it wouldn't be a good one, and I think you should
know I wasn't suggesting that.

Having worked in public institutions for most of my adult life, I have seen
first hand how most people do not read the information placed in front of them,
regardless. Moreover, the longer the message, the more likely it is that the
reader checks out by the end. The author of "The Design of Everyday Things"
said that signs explaining things to users are evidence of a failed system, and
that a properly-designed system has no need for them. I agree with that.