On Sep 27, 2020, at 12:23 AM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

Any special character I can throw at it to get it to paste across fields?  I
can insert anything I want into the string

On 2020-09-29 08:55, John Ralls wrote:
No. Aside from the special transaction copy-paste that Liz mentioned copy-paste
is one field at a time. You'll note that you're able to select only one field
at a time: GnuCash isn't a spreadsheet.

What's the source of the clipboard item?

Regards,
John Ralls

I am the source of the data.   I have written a program
that reads new purchase orders from my inventory
database and formats it into an eMail format that my
vendors have started requiring.

My goal was to take my data and create a format that I
could paste into GnuCash.  I frequently forget to enter
orders into GnuCash and THAT make for an INTERESTING
reconciliation with my bank statement.

Since I am the programmer, I can insert anything in the
clipboard I want, including weird characters.