For some other programs' files the equivalent menubar item, when applied to
a data file shows several basic properties under the general tab such as
Filename, Type, Default program to open the file, File Location, Modified,
Accessed and Size.  With some file managers and for some programs and
filetypes there is much more information about the particular datafile.

I do see these properties when I click on a filetype ".Gnucash" in a
filemanager.

I would also like to see the same information when I click on the menubar
of an open data file, particularly location and size.  This would be
extremely useful when there may be several data files with identical or
very similar filenames in the MRU list.

--
David Carlson