Op woensdag 10 november 2021 15:34:39 CET schreef Stan Brown:
> Why not change the MRU list to show location, not just file name. That
> would avoid a lot of confusion for some of us.

While I know some applications show full path names in their MRU, I personally
consider
that suboptimal. File names can be very long which could result in very wide
menus. To deal
with that some applications put the MRU in a secondary menu and/or truncate the
file
names, which IMO partly reduces the usefulness of the full file name again.

For that reason GnuCash has opted to show the full path location in the status
bar when you
hover your mouse over one of the history menu items.

There has been some discussion on adding more details to the Properties menu in
the past,
but there was no consensus so it never materialized.

Regards,

Geert