On 2022-01-03 8:22 p.m., john wrote:
Nope. HBCI (now called FinTS) works *only* with *German* Banks. The Royal Bank
of *Canada* is absolutely not a German bank and isn't likely to support HBCI.
EBICS is also German only.

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/onlinebanking/bankingusertips/accountingsoftware/index.html
<https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/onlinebanking/bankingusertips/accountingsoftware/index.html>
 suggests that RBC might support OFX Direct Connect based on the list of software they
claim to support, but they're not listed in https://www.ofxhome.com/
<https://www.ofxhome.com/> so you'd have to find the connection parameters some other
way. The simplest would be to find a friend who has Quicken and see if it knows how to
connect.

Thanks, John - I stand corrected.

I've not had to do this for probably a decade, but seem to recall being able to make it work with a CSV file (from a credit union) - but that was a few versions of GnuCash ago. The CSV option is still in GnuCash - that might work well enough. I recall having to hand-bomb some of the entries to make it come out correctly.

Cheers

Cam