Using Windows 11 and GnuCash 4.10

Also had this issue in an older version.  Clicked on the "X" to shut down and
had not saved first.  In the dialogue I clicked on Cancel, but it still
shutdown.  I expected "Cancel" to cancel the operation (shutdown), am I wrong.
What operation is it canceling?  All 3 options have the same result,  They all
close the program without saving and upon restart, I got the message that
"GnuCash could not obtain the lock for
C:\Users\*****\OneDrive\Documents\GNUCash\**.gnucash." (see pic 2)  "***" for
my specific system names.

[cid:5ce6c5d0-06c4-4be7-88c9-51e0ab733c10]

[cid:5082774d-7534-4039-ace7-d5b0d8aa2efa]

I will try to remember to "Save" first, however when I do forget it is
frustrating that this built in safeguard doesn't work.

Thank You,
Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam

609.680.2326                     Mobile