OK, no problem with writing to help.

The original entry is just an 'ordinary' entry of an expense, on a specific date. No issues.

However, having removed the original error from the credit card a/c I tried to make an entry in the travel a/c as a 'rebate' as that was the only option available for money  in.

That resulted in two entries in expenses travel both under the same transfer, one under expense and the other on the next line under rebate.

I have noticed that the original expenditure is 'transfer' under 'assets' and my bank a/c name, while the two entries under the reimbursement are 'transfer' as expenses:travel. Is there some anomaly there?

BTW, I am not that rich to have missed 1000€ I just wondered why my credit card a/c entries were so unusual. 😁

The other question is why does expenses:travel have 'rebate' as a column heading??

Finbar