On 1/2/2023 10:40 AM, John Layman wrote:
Writing to SSD is not instantaneous and I've found auto-save to be an
annoyance.  I much prefer creating backups at coherent checkpoints by
SAVEing.

I also (strongly) prefer doing periodic explicit saves and always reject "auto-save". The only exception might be if the ":auto-save" window opened up when I was NOT in the middle of entering a transaction, etc. That way I am sure about the state of the books that was just saved.

Michael D Novack