Bite Gao, do I understand you correctly?  What machine-readable data files do your banks provide? Maybe your banks offer options which mine do not offer.

Best regards,
    —Jim DeLaHunt

On 2023-01-05 17:50, Bite Gao wrote:
GnuCash Developers and Maintainers:
  Hello! While you have mentioned the requirement of human intervene in the reconciliation process, I do not see it contradicts with the presence of automatically reconciliation system.   In a reconcile process, the accountant check the record in the account book with the record in the bank statement (or statement from other institution). He (or she) may found out that two record are identical, or he (or she) may found that some record are not identical. Only the latter requires human notice, since there its no point wasting time on reconciled accounting transactions. An automatic reconciliation system can load the digital statement from the institution, compares the statement with the transaction in the accounting book, and pinpoints the discrepancies out. Then human accountant could step in and perform manual operations, such as checking other vouchers, contact with banks, etc. In the situation of single user, the automatic reconcile system have no reason to block manual reconciliation.   Besides, when I means "human err", I means that the accountant overlook an discrepancy and regards it as identical. People do not spend too much time on identical records, since major of the transaction would be in that state. However, it could cause severe consequences if there do have a discrepancy.
  Yours,

 Bite, Gao
Jan 6th, 2023