Hi,

Gnucash 4.13 Windows 10. Long time user.

I am trying out using a variable in a scheduled transaction for the first time, and it's not behaving the way I expect. I am creating a multi-entry transaction that transfers a single amount between two pairs of accounts. in other words:

DB Checking TOTALAMT
CR Asset TOTALAMT
CR Income A TOTALAMT
DB Income B TOTALAMT

[This is testing out how to create a transaction to track an IRA distribution]

I expect GnuCash to prompt me for the TOTALAMT figure once when the transaction is created, but GnuCash prompts me for *each* TOTALAMT entry in the transaction (i.e., four times). Is there a way to have just one request that gets assigned four times?

David T.