Can you try opening up a file browser (File Explorer on windows, Files on
macos, etc.) in the directory you have your gnucash accounting file in and
see if there's a .LCK file prepended with the name of your accounting file?

You could try:
- closing gnucash (make sure all windows of it are closed)
- deleting the LCK file
- re-opening gnucash.

P.S. For anyone else migrating from quickbooks, I'm working on an improved
script + better instructions for migration based on the LWN 'Escape from
Quickbooks' article, though it's still going to be a rather technical
process for now.