On 4/11/23 6:51 PM, David G. Pickett wrote:

Maybe patch the code to load a junk string in there "Enter_your_key_here" and suppress the warning?

I have been thinking about that. I haven't tested if bogus API keys are subject to the same limitations as the free keys, but I think it would lead to other issues when it works for some people earlier in the day, but after the 500 per day limit is reached then getting quotes or exchange rates fail. And that would be for other people, or those who it worked for earlier in the day.

On top of that, we humans can be quite lazy. If someone notices their AlphaVantage stock quotes or exchange rates work, they may not bother with getting their own real free API key.

Still, setting the dummy key if none is supplied may make it into F::Q v1.55 (may be pushed to CPAN next month).

- Bruce S.