https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-May/107018.html
flywire wrote:

> It is a spreadsheet process to add share/franking credits to etf/franking
> credits (Distribution:13Q) and similar for capital gains
> (Distribution:18H:18A) since the components are the same tax item. Any
> thoughts of how I could sum them in reports from different account trees?

lol In the heat of the moment preparing tax I'd never thought of just
transferring the total to the main account for that item.

https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-May/107020.html
flywire wrote:

> ...there are 13 annual returns

To be clear, the items on the return map to different tax codes, eg
franking credits is 13Q on a personal return and 8D on a trust return. I'd
expect a table would need to be maintained for each return type. Australian
codes hardly change over time which likely means there would be no active
maintenance.

Is it as simple as just using a unique tax code as account code and then
reporting by account code? (Assume one return type.)