I have never been able to get a satisdactory hard-copy output of reports directly from Gnucash (running under Ubuntu).

In GnuCash 2.19 I was at least able to  export to HTML which gave me more control over the printing process, and even allowed me to edit the HTML if needed and had the added benefit of giving me a digital copy to archive.

However, in GC 4.14 under Ubuntu Studio 22.04 LTS, the exported HTML no longer includes the graphics, making many of the exported reports useless.

I have therefore again tried printing directly from GC, but the printout is always in portrait mode, resulting in truncation of the output.

I have tried setting landscape mode in both the GC "Page Setup" dialog and in the "Page Setup" dialog of the "Print Report" dialog, but both are ignored.

I have also tried "Any Printer", "Print to LPR" and "MFCJ5955DW" (my printer, connected via LAN) in the GC "Page Setup" dialog, to no effect.

I also treid "Print to file", but the resulting PDF is also portrait mode and truncated, even though I specifed landscape in both the GC "Page Setup" dialog and the "Page Setup" tab of the "Print Report" dialog.

How can I get a usable hard-copy report?

Thanks in advance for any tips!