Thanks for  the tiüp, Vincent, but these things don't add up in the flatpak installation.

In the Help - About dialog, GNC_DATA is shown as "/app/share/gnucash", which is also the path used in the HTML file.

However, clicking on the link leads to "/var/lib/flatpak/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/x86_64/stable/511cf18127561c55b5999121c6b301ca1e90d6cc988a00701257606df7fae86f/files/share/gnucash/" which does, in fact, contain a sudirectory "chartjs", which in turn contains both "Chart.bundle.min.js" and "Chart.bundle.js".

Evidently the HTML generation doesn't take the possibility of a flatpak installation into account.  I suppose I should file a bug for this, but I wouldn't know where.

Thnaks for your help!