Thanks flywire!

That GitHub Pull Request link takes me to a comment from John Ralls that very succinctly summarizes the difficulties of using GnuCash for larger or more complex enterprises.

The rest of that comment is: "Adding those modules is a non-starter: Consider that it's been 10 years since we began working on separating libgnucash from the application, converting from GObject to C++, and changing from a program that can load its data from a SQL database and put it back to one that is built around SQL queries. We haven't gotten very far.

Those seeking a F/LOSS accounting solution for larger enterprises should look to Odoo <https://www.odoo.com>."

I had never heard of Odoo before I read that comment (https://www.odoo.com/). From Odoo's website, I also found a small list of accounting firms that use Odoo (19 are listed for the USA at https://www.odoo.com/accounting-firms). Although that listing is organized strangely to me, the firms are listed by "city, USA" NOT "city, state, USA" or even "state, USA" and the US is a large country with 50 states and 330+ million people, so there are many cities with the same name... Regardless, some of the firms on that list may also be interested in using GnuCash for "tiny & simple" enterprises, thus the occasional requests for bookkeeping/accounting help for businesses that use GnuCash may have some more leads available!

flywire: you mentioned that you use QuickBooks for business, have you tried using Odoo?

For anyone else following this thread, but unsure as to exactly what GST is, I'm assuming that we are talking about the tax concept (and not likely the American version of GST) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GST

I'm sure that the GnuCash developers would appreciate any financial support from anyone regularly using this software and/or asking for new features/updates to be implemented/investigated (https://gnucash.org/donate.phtml). For American taxpayers that itemize their deductions, just keep in mind that GnuCash is not a 501c3 nonprofit, nor a fiscally sponsored project of an existing, registered 501c3 nonprofit (https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-May/106798.html), so those donations may not be tax deductible (https://www.irs.gov/help/ita/can-i-deduct-my-charitable-contributions).

Brad