My understanding of the new Yahooweb module is that it uses the current date when reporting prices. I believe this is because the data source from which the quote is built does not provide a "quote date" or that sort of information. Therefore, the author of the new module had to do something to satisfy the requirements of Gnucash, so they chose to use today's date. It does, judging from the Perl code, make adjustments if the date returned is not a "work day", but doesn't do any other sort of "date correction".