On 07/14/23 at 00:14 EDT, Bruce S wrote:

Some of us suspected this would come, getting reports of the Yahoo URLs

> https://query2.finance.yahoo.com/v11/finance/quoteSummary/AAPL?modules=price,summaryDetail,defaultKeyStatistics

and

> https://query2.finance.yahoo.com/v10/finance/quoteSummary/AAPL?modules=price,summaryDetail,defaultKeyStatistics

now returning a 404 (v11) or "Unauthorized" (v10).
For those comfortable with locating and editing the YahooJSON.pm module manually I have a quick fix. If you have F::Q v1.57 change the lines defining $YIND_URL_HEAD and $YIND_URL_TAIL (lines 38 and 39) to:

my $YIND_URL_HEAD = 'https://query2.finance.yahoo.com/v11/finance/quoteSummary/?symbol=';
my $YIND_URL_TAIL = '&modules=price,summaryDetail,defaultKeyStatistics';

Or you can wait for new release to be pushed to CPAN.

On 07/14/13:43 EDT, Tom T replied:

> The YahooWeb module mostly works for me except for some reason it
> gives a ridiculously high value for AT&T (call sign T).

Interesting. It also returns a bad value for Genpact Limited (G), but not Hyatt Hotels (H). Will need to open an issue and hopefully Vincent (who originally wrote the YahooWeb module) will take a look.

Thanks all.

Bruce S.