Scott,

> On Jul 23, 2023, at 03:11, Scott Ellsworth <sc...@fastmail.us> wrote:
>
> ...sorry, accidentally didn't reply to all, so I'm forwarding my reply to the
> list....

It works off the latest price in the pricedb. If that's 0 then so will be the
home-currency values on the accounts page and in the summary bar.

> You should check your other VND transactions to make sure that there aren't
> any other 0-price splits. There's only one set of prices for any particular
> commodity pair so you'd have to make a new book to see different price
> behavior.
> *I think I have this covered now based on what I said above, but the problem
> remains. Looking at the Price Database again now, I still see a non-zero
> price only for one day in spite of the correction I made.*

Editing transactions won't change an entry in the pricedb. Only creating a
transaction will, and then only if there isn't already a corresponding price
for that day. That means that if you create the first transaction of the day
with a zero price and immediately correct it you still have a 0 price in the
pricedb that you have to manually fix or delete.

> The more complicated problem is how did that 0-price split get created and
> why did that become the price for the day instead of one of the others. Would
> you be willing to post a transaction report of the VND account with Display
> optiions set to show date, date entered, accounts, shares, and prices  with
> one line per split? Leave off description, memo, and account to keep
> confidential what you spent the money on, that's irrelevant here.
> *I'll be happy to do this, but I haven't figured out how to add those columns
> to the register view.*

Not in the register view, in Transaction report options on the Display page,
but in light of your other answers I think that it's not necessary.

Regards,
John Ralls