Scott,

I don't know what's going on and I can't replicate it. I created a VND account
in a test book and created the following transactions (This is a Transaction
report with one line per split set on the Display tab. I've also turned off
Force prices to decimal in Preferences>Numbers, Date, Time.):

Date                    Account                 Shares                  Price
                Debit                   Credit

01/01/2023      VND Cash                        2,000,000.00
$0.0000425              ₫2,000,000
                        Checking Account        -85.00                  $1.0000
                                        $85.00
07/23/2023      VND Cash                        -49,530.00              ₫1.00
                                        ₫49,530
                        Books                   2.09
₫23,698 + 118/209       $2.09
07/25/2023      VND Cash                        -136,000.00             ₫1.00
                                        ₫136,000
                        Groceries                       5.68
        ₫23,943 + 47/71 $5.68

I entered the price three different ways: For the first I started in the
USD-denominated Checking Account register, entered 85.00 in the register's
Credit field and 2000000 in the Debit Amount field of the transfer dialog. The
other two I started in the VND Cash register and put values in the price field;
as a rational number for the first and a decimal number (editing the one the
Transfer dialog presented; that was before I changed the Force prices to
decimal preference. The book does not have Trading accounts enabled. GnuCash is
v5.3.

Regards,
John Ralls