On 7/28/23 12:31 PM, bern...@deprez.biz wrote:

{
    "Information": "Thank you for using Alpha Vantage! You have reached the 100 requests/day limit for your free API key. Please subscribe to any of the premium plans at https://www.alphavantage.co/premium/ to instantly remove all daily rate limits."
}

The interesting part is that the original API key I have was used perhaps 15 times today, the second API key mentioned above wasn't used today at all... And I have no automation nor CRON/scheduled tasks anywhere that use either API...

Bernard,

Are you connecting from home, work, or through something like NordVPN?

I found out while doing a PoC of using a different key for each request to avoid needing to throttle requests (I stumbled onto the fact that almost any random string will work as an API key) that their limitation is also likely based on source IP. After 5 requests using 5 different generated random API keys, the 6th request with a different API within a minute will get the message about the 5 per minute limitation.

If you are on a network where multiple people happen to be using AlphaVantage, this could be the cause of the AlphaVantage limit message.

That said, please open an issue at https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/issues. I identified where the AlphaVantage module may not be catching this particular failure, since I suspected it may be that you have surpassed a daily/monthly limit and was looking into it.

Thank you.

Bruce.