That data is managed via GSettings, which on Linux uses dconf as back-end. I
have no idea how dconf manages its internal database unfortunately. It's tied
into dbus but that's a black box for me.

You can dump the the contents via dconf or GSettings tools and then import this
on the new machine. As I'm not near a computer right now, I can't offer much
more than a pointer in the right direction.

Liz <ed...@billiau.net> schreef op 13 augustus 2023 04:50:34 CEST:
>On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 11:15:52 +1000
>David Cousens <davidcousen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The saved reports are in
>> /home/liz/.local/share/gnucash/saved_reports2.8. GNC_USERDATA_DIR is
>> the location for the user preferences data
>
>all very well, but that file
>~/.local/share/gnucash/books/*.gcm contains the data for the registry
>displays but where is the date format, the last invoice number,
>accounting period and so on?
>
>Liz

Verzonden van mijn Android telefoon met K-9 Mail.
Sent from my smartphone. Please excuse my brevity.