Bruce, please include the user list in your replies.  Then others are kept in
the loop.  I am copying your reply here this time.
Also, I am at my computer with a real keyboard so I will hopefully avoid fat
finger mistakes.  Your rhetorical questions do not have good answers.
Historically, there has not been consistency between financial institutions'
methods of calculation, and GnuCash would go crazy trying to match all of them.
 Further, some GnuCash features such as the one called Trading Accounts have
additional accuracy issues which are more concerning to some users than to
others.  See
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2022-July/102072.html for
example.

I, for one, have found a way to get the results that I want from GnuCash.David
Carlson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David,
Thank you for copying my reply to gnucash-user@gnucash.org. I'll try to do that
in the future.

Thank you for confirming my suspicion that financial institutions vary in their
calculations.  Could it be that most of them report the fractions of shares
traded to 3 or 4 decimal places and that there are only about 3-4 major
rounding schemes?  If so, a programmer could design options to for the number
of decimal places and the type of rounding used and also another option to let
the user enter the values himself.  This would be relatively simple and should
allow a lot of flexibility to gnucash.
Concerning Trading Accounts, thank you for your reference to your 26 Jul 2022
message and the other comments -- including those of Peter Selinger.
Cordially,Bruce