On 2023-08-24 14:15, jackielou wong wrote:
> I have 500 transactions under checking account for importing files... how
> can i put this all in linked accounts...
>
> Everytime i do that they fall to imbalance usd.. can you help to fix it. So

Jackielou,

This suggestion may seem inefficient, but I think you might get the job
done faster by just entering the 500 transactions manually, which I
imagine you know how to do.

I've never done an import myself, but as I understand it you have to
teach GnuCash to recognize transactions the way you want. That takes
time, which you could be using to enter transactions right into GC, a
process I assume you are comfortable with. And 500 is really not many.

That's what I did in early 2018 when I converted my 2011-2017 data to
GC. It was over 15,000 transactions, but once I got going it went very
quickly. Sure, I had to deal with each transaction individually, but I
would have had to check each one anyway if I had tried an import. And
along the way, I noticed inconsistencies in how I had treated similar
events, and fixed them. For me, at least, the process was less painful
than spending a lot of time learning and tinkering with a batch import
process that I would probably never need to use again.

If you still want to pursue importing, I think it would be helpful if
you could be a lot more specific about what process you are following,
what results you see in GC, and what error message you get (if any).
Maybe import _one_ transaction, and provide that information?

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com/