Peter,

Use the Edit Account dialogue and check the account type of the account. To get
the Rate column it is likely that it is of type "Asset" but one of the subtypes
of "Asset", "Stock" etc. If it is  a bank account it should be of type "Bank" as
this will enable some features specific to bank accounts.

David Cousens