> On Oct 11, 2023, at 09:17, Marta Neeziak <martaneez...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Not sure what's going on here - but I updated to 5.4 last week and have
> since had issues with generating graphs that use "Closest to report date"
> for price data.
>
> Basically, when I have the price of an asset and I try to graph it - it
> graphs the asset using the following day's price data. Example: A stock is
> worth $10 Day0, $10 Day1, $20 Day2, and $10 Day3 - GNUCash will display a
> price of $20 on Day1 and $10 on all other days. I spun up a new db to test
> this, and can't seem to figure it out...
> Results: https://imgur.com/a/fjmwnHc
>
> If anyone has any idea as to what's going on and how to fix this, I'd
> really appreciate it. Thank you.

It's because the report time is midnight local and the quote time is  now
neutral time (10:59 UTC) so that the price will have the same date in all
timezones. Unless your time zone is east of UTC+2 (Central European Standard
Time) 10:59Z the next day is closer to midnight than 10:59Z today. Use "Last up
through report date" to align the prices the way you want.

Regards,
John Ralls