On 10/15/2023 1:02 AM, Sherlock wrote:
On Oct 11, 2023, at 09:17, Marta Neeziak <martaneeziak at gmail.com
Not sure what's going on here - but I updated to 5.4 last week and have
since had issues with generating graphs that use "Closest to report date"
for price data.

Basically, when I have the price of an asset and I try to graph it - it
graphs the asset using the following day's price data. Example: A stock is
worth $10 Day0, $10 Day1, $20 Day2, and $10 Day3 - GNUCash will display a
price of $20 on Day1 and $10 on all other days. I spun up a new db to test
this, and can't seem to figure it out...
Results: https://imgur.com/a/fjmwnHc

If anyone has any idea as to what's going on and how to fix this, I'd

I have an idea about what might be going on but if I am right, this is not something requiring a "fix"

When you say "stock is worth X on day one" does this really mean NOW (in the middle oi trading day one) or "as of close of the market day-1"? Because that is what most of MY on-line value statements mean. The valuation I see on day one is clearly labeled "at close of the markets day-1".

Look at whatever you are using to get stock values to find out what date it is actually using.

Michael D Novack