Thank you. I’ll try it that way.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, October 19, 2023, 11:26 AM, Steve Butler <kg...@arrl.net> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023, 23:04 Edwin Booth <elybee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Steve,
Thanks for getting back to me!
It seems that I need to first delete my newly downloaded file from GnuCash and
re-import it but first assign all the

Yes, remove those transitions or restore to a pre-import backup.
transactions to various accounts. I have
This is done during the import process just after you open the file.  You
should see a list of the transactions that will be loaded.  Pick each one and
be sure it has the correct destination account.  That's how the import process
is taught.
 gone through the process (I think) of creating a hierarchy of accounts (though
I will surely want to add more expense accounts later).

Okay, I have deleted the AMEX credit card OFX account that I imported into
GnuCash and have gone back to my Mac Downloads file. How do I now assign all
those transactions to their proper accounts without first importing this OFX
file into GnuCash? Doesn’t it have to be in GnuCash before it can even know
what accounts are available?
It’s late now, so I’ll wait for an answer to this first question before going
on.
But for some reason I saw this email in my Yahoo mail app rather than in my
Gmail app. Please respond to this by sending out my Gmail account.
elybee...@gnail.com.
Thanks,
Edwin

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone