https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-October/109184.html
Edwin Booth wrote:
> I need to wrap my head around the whole “debit/credit” concept.

No you don't but you do need to understand the concept of account types and
moving money between them. I've studied economics at Uni, evaluated endless
projects, used a range of accounting software, and worked with
accountants and bookkeepers without being aware of how credit and debit is
defined in accounting. I rarely used the terms, and most people that
understood them would realise the common understanding is wrong and use the
terms in a general sense or avoid them.

It's a pretty meaningless discussion commercial projects avoid to reduce
confusion. The user documentation would be clearer with simple language:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-May/106929.html

Regards