Hilarious!

On 10/23/23 3:41 AM, G R Hewitt wrote:
Thanks, Adrian, for that clear explanation, it has raised me out of the
Baldrick class nicely:

Blackadder : Right Baldrick, let's try again shall we? This is called
adding. If I have two beans, and then I add two more beans, what do I have?
Baldrick : Some beans.
Blackadder : Yes... and no. Let's try again shall we? I have two beans,
then I add two more beans. What does that make?
Baldrick : A very small casserole.
Blackadder : Baldrick, the ape creatures of the Indus have mastered this.
Now try again. One, two, three, four. So how many are there?
Baldrick : Three.
Blackadder : What?
Baldrick : ...and that one.
Blackadder : Three and that one. So if I add that one to the three what
will I have?
Baldrick : Oh. Some beans.
Blackadder : Yes. To you Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that
happened to other people, wasn't it?